FTP Migration Manager
The FTP Migration Manager allows you to download files from a remote FTP server (your previous hosting provider for example).
The FTP Migration Manager cannot be used for uploading files over FTP from your local computer. If you need to upload files from your local computer, you can check the following category in our Knowledge base:
Online Manual » Uploading files (Document coming soon).
To download files from a remote FTP server, you will need the following information:
- Remote Host or IP address – this is the FTP host of your old web hosting provider. (e.g ftp.example.com)
Please, note that if you try to connect to your previous hosting provider using your domain name, the transfer will fail. In such case you need to use the IP address of your previous host ftp server. (it should look something like 220.127.116.11)
- Remote FTP Username – the FTP username at the remote server (e.g your old hosting account username)
- Remote FTP Password – the FTP password at the remote server (e.g your old hosting account password)
- Remote FTP Directory – the initial remote directory on the remote server
- Local Server Directory – the directory on our hosting server where the remote files should be downloaded to.
- Notify e-mail – some FTP downloads may take longer time to complete (big website with multiple files, etc). If you specify an email address in that field, the system will send you an email once the FTP download is complete. This field is optional.
Once you specify all the details needed click on the Initiate Download button to start the download. The page will refresh and a screen showing the FTP Download progress will be displayed.
You can monitor the Download progress, check details and errors if any, about the transfer. You can cancel the download anytime using the Cancel Download button.
If the FTP Download fails for some reason you can restart the process using Restart Download button. The button is available only when a transfer is cancelled or some errоrs have occurred during the download process.